What does the TransactionStatus message mean?
If a transaction is completed then it will have one of the following statuses:
- APPROVED: The transaction was approved. The merchant can give the purchased goods to the shopper.
- ACCEPTED: The transaction was accepted offline for Deferred Authorization. The merchant can give the purchased goods to the shopper. For settlement, the transaction still needs to be submitted for Deferred Authorization and might still be declined when doing so.
- DECLINED: The transaction was declined. A more detailed reason for the decline can be found in:Transaction.getStateDetails().getCode().
- ABORTED: The transaction was aborted by the merchant or the shopper. The detailed reason for the aborted transaction can be found inTransaction.getStateDetails().getCode().
- ERROR: The transaction had an error. The detailed reason for the error can found inTransaction.getStateDetails().getCode().
- INCONCLUSIVE: The transaction was inconclusive. This status indicates that the SDK was not able to complete the transaction successfully with the backend. The SDK was unable to reach the backend for some reason and is unaware of the status of the transaction on the backend. It is recommended that you look up the transaction one more time and check the status. If you are using the PayButton then you can display the Summary screen. Use thetransaction.identifierto check the status of the transaction.
If a transaction is incomplete then it will have one of the following statuses.
- PENDING: The transaction was registered and executed on the backend and is awaiting completion.
- INITIALIZED: The transaction was registered with the backend and is awaiting execution.