Merchants can be boarded via the Gateway Manager or via the API. To get started with merchant setup, create one pair of
merchantSecretKeyfor each merchant / user that will use your application with a card reader.
There are two ways to board merchants:
- Boarding via the Gateway Manager, where you can add each new merchant manually. This option is recommended for adding a small numbers of merchants.
- Boarding via the Backend API, where you can create merchants in batches or integrate the merchant creation process in to your backend by using the API.
You must have the following information to successfully board a merchant:
- Merchant's name
- Processing data from your acquirer for this merchant, usually called MID and TIDs
- Serial number of the card reader that the merchant will use
- Merchant's receipt data, including company name, street address, city, postal code, country, and phone number
Also check the individual requirements for each acquirer for additional information you may be required to provide.
Boarding via the Gateway Manager
To board a merchant via the Gateway Manager:
- Go to the merchant overview in the Gateway Manager and select Create new merchant
- Create a merchant by filling in all the required information, including the receipt information
- Attach the desired processing path by selecting your acquirer and filling in the acquirer-specific information. Make sure you use each terminal ID only once. To get started quickly on the test system, use theIntegration Test Acquirer
- Attach the card reader and enter the serial number of the card reader that will be used by the merchant. See here for details
- Select Add merchant once you are done.
Boarding via the API
In order to create a new merchant, you need perform a series of API calls:
- Create a merchant with the desired processing path. A successful call will return amerchantIdentifierwhich you will need to use for the subsequent steps;
- Generate themerchantSecretKeywhich you will need in order to perform transactions;
- [Optional]: Assign a card reader to the newly-created merchant: Serial Number of the card reader that the merchant will use:
- Based on the reader serial number, you can find thereaderIdentifierof the device you want to assign to the merchant;
- Finally, assign the reader to new merchant using themerchantIdentifierand thereaderIdentifier.